Wednesday, November 6, 2013

A New Friend


Today I was walking through the woods, when I saw a girl I've never seen before! She had long, auburn curls and was wearing a blue jacket. 


   I went up to introduce myself. 
"Hi, my name is Carla!" I said. 

"I'm Saige Copeland," the girl said, smiling. "I'm new. I just moved here a few weeks ago from Albuquerque." 

"Albuquerque!" I exclaimed, "I've always wanted to go there. What's it like?" 

Saige told me all about the balloon fiestas there, and the beautiful nature parks, zoos, horses and museums. She's a rider, and even has her own horse, named Georgia. 


It seemed like Saige really missed her home back in New Mexico. I could understand- I knew what it was like to leave everything and come live in a strange place, too. So I told her about my Snowbelle, my cat, and all the silly tricks she's played. Saige laughed when I told her about when Snowbelle climbed onto my dad's head and was too scared to get down. 

 "Come visit me sometime," I offered.  

"Thanks," Saige said, smiling. "I will." 





Who would've known that when I went into the woods, I would come out with a friend? 



Love,
Carla 


1 comment: