Saturday, December 14, 2013

Pass the Tinsel! (An Angie Post)

Today Carla and I were setting up our Christmas tree. Well, at least I was. 


Carla was trying to untangle the tinsel. I guess she got rather tired of it, because halfway through she started to pretend she was the Queen of Tinsel. If you think you're the only one with a crazy sister, trust me. You are not alone.


She got a little carried away... okay maybe a lot. Cautious Carla, Classic Carla, Cultured Carla... now looked like Comical Carla to me. But then again, it isn't like everyone doesn't have their moments. 


I tried to concentrate on the tree, but out of the corner of my eye I was watching her, and getting a good kick out of it, too. Finally, she got so tangled up that I had to stop what I was doing and help get the tinsel off her. 


"Thanks," she said. And with that, she dumped the tinsel right on me. I couldn't just let that go, so I grabbed more tinsel and flung it on her. And so began our Great Tinsel- Flinging War, that lasted right when she tossed  tinsel on me and ended with us with gold flicks in our hair and laughing, hard. 


Finally, we started working on the tree. Carla did ornaments and I did tinsel, and even though we had called it a truce, I still didn't trust her with the tinsel. 


Carla and I can always find the funny side of things-- no matter how ridiculous. This was definitely a christmas tree-setting-up I'll never forget! 







Love,
Angie


Luke 2:3-5
"3 And all went to be registered, each to his own town. 4 And Joseph also went up from Galilee, from the town of Nazareth, to Judea, to the city of David, which is called Bethlehem, because he was of the house and lineage of David, 5 to be registered with Mary, his betrothed, who was with child."











No comments:

Post a Comment